Saturday, July 20, 2019

MPLS/MOS

I'm in Junior High School now! School started on the 15th of July. The first three days we're MPLS/MOS (Masa Pengenalan Lingkungan Sekolah) which is basically where they tell you where everything is.

The teachers there we're so nice and they love to make jokes and tease the students. The OSIS members we're also so nice to everyone. They were like our teachers for the first 3 days.

First day
On the first day, we we're divided into groups. I was in a group called "Aloe Vera". I was in that group along with 3 more people from my primary school and I was really thankful for that. If they weren't in my group, I would look so lost tbh 🤣. Then all 250 other kids and I made a giant line. We then went all around the school and they would tell us where the girl's toilets are, they boy's toilets, the teacher's room and so on. I made some new friends that day. They're all so nice. They then taught us new songs. It was called "Mars SMP 18". Its a really catchy song and I really like it.

Second day
On the second day, it was when other students would perform acts, according to their own extracurricular. Some performed Pramuka, Taekwondo, Karate, Tari Saman and lots more. I had a lot of fun watching them perform.
After that, we were told to clean the school. We each took a plastic bottle and fill it up with water. Then we would water all the plants using that plastic bottle.

Third day
When the third day arrived, we all did something kinda like a welcome ceremony thingy. All 250 of us would sit on the carpet that was in the middle of the field. The ceremony lasted a good few hours. They even told us to sing the school's song. Good thing I memorized it, hehe. After teachers being called one by one and were told to introduce themselves, it was finally recess. I went to the canteen, which was obviously full of people wanting something to eat and drink. After recess, we were then told to make a line and we would kiss the teacher's hand. Here in Indonesia, it is a form of respect towards people that are older than you, so don't be shook if you see someone doing that! We would then high five with the OSIS members cuz we probably wouldn't be seeing as much.

Those 3 days were really fun, ngl! We got to know some parts of the school that we haven't seen before and make new friends. People there seem genuinely nice and I am very glad to be a part of that school.
I do really miss my friends from primary school, but we still chat with each other. I really hope we can still be friends and won't forget one another just because we now go to different schools.
I will always remember them 🖤

ASEAN Webinar - Workshop on Writing a Good Essay and Journalistic Article

On the 28th of November, I listened to an ASEAN Webinar which was about  Writing a Good Essay and Journalistic Article . I guess it's cl...